THE CANNON THEATRE NOW OPEN IN DEVENS proudly presents “The 39 Steps”
Devens, MA: The Cannon Theatre is so very pleased to present The 39 Steps, a parody adapted by Patrick Barlow from the 1915 novel by John Buchan and the 1935 film by Alfred Hitchcock.
The Cannon Theatre’s production, directed by Erik P. Kraft, features a brilliant cast of 7 actors playing almost 150 characters: heroes, villains, men, women, children, and even the occasional inanimate object. This often requires lightning-fast quick-changes and occasionally for the actors to play multiple characters at once. Thus the film's originally serious spy story is played now mainly for laughs, and the script is full of allusions to (and puns on the titles of) other popular Hitchcock films.
This work will be staged in The Cannon Theatre’s brand new performance space in Devens, MA, which opened in early April 2022 after a 2-year pandemic hiatus thanks to the kindly donated architectural services by studio J2, and very generous funding from The Elizabeth B. McGraw Foundation. Join them in celebrating this wonderful new arts venue, and the madcap fun of The 39 Steps this May!
Show times are May 13, 14, 20, and 21 at 7:30 pm, with matinees on May 14, 15, 21, and 22 at 2:00 pm.
Tickets are available at www.thecannontheatre.org, and are $25 for adults, and $20 for students/seniors.
Kevin Nessman (Maynard): Richard Hannay
John P. Lynch (Lincoln): Compere, and others
Bob Amici (Bolton): Mr. Memory, and others
Victoria Bourque (Littleton): Annabella Schmidt, and others
Matt Foster (Westford): Chief Inspector, and others
Simon Jensen-Fellows (Acton): Professor, and others
Maren Caulfield (Harvard): Pamela Edwards, and others
The following COVID safety protocols will be observed for this production.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all patrons, cast and crew.
- Patrons must present their proof of vaccination at point of entry (physical card or photo), along with a valid photo ID (photo ID is not required for those under the age of 18).
- Exceptions to these requirements will be made for guests under the age of 5 who are not yet eligible for vaccination. Also, patrons 5 or older who either cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition, or who have not yet completed their full vaccination protocol, may present a negative PCR test from a recognizable healthcare facility or provider done within 72 hours of the start of the performance.
- Proper wearing of masks is required for all audience members.
- Please note: the actors will be performing on stage without masks.