2023 Small Business Day on Beacon Hill
Wednesday May 24th from 9am to 11am at the UMass Club (Boston)
Topics include minimum wage, unemployment insurance, healthcare costs, energy costs, taxation and more.
Nashoba Valley Chamber, along with other business groups from across the state, are partnering with National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), Retailers Association of Massachusetts (RAM) and Mass Restaurant Association (MRA) for the 2023 Small Business Day on Beacon Hill.
The event is free courtesy sponsorship by Enbridge, Inc. however advanced registration is required.
- Refreshments and Welcome (Representative Paul McMurtry – House Chair of the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Small Business)
- Legislative Update
- Cost of Doing Business: Stephen Clark, President & CEO, Massachusetts Restaurant Association
- Small Business & Healthcare: Jon Hurst, President, Retailers Association of Massachusetts
- UI & Tax Competitiveness: Christopher Carlozzi, State Director, NFIB
- Panel Discussion on Energy Costs
- Representative Jeffrey N. Roy, House Chair of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy
- Bill Ryan, Massachusetts Coalition for Sustainable Energy
- Keynote Speaker (TBA)
- Visits with Legislators in the State House (optional)
- UMass Club: One Beacon Street, 32nd Floor, Boston, MA 02108
- State House: 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02133
This page will be updated as more details become available. Please continue to check back for more information.
Date and Time
Wednesday May 24, 2023
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT
Wednesday May 24
9am - 11am
University of Mass Club
One Beacon St, 32nd Floor