On Thursday, October 29, UMass Memorial Health Care will host its first-ever, systemwide Health Equity Open Forum on Facebook Live from 11am to noon!
A distinguished panel of community members and elected officials will talk about racial disparities and injustice in health care, in our region and beyond. The goal is to start this conversation publicly and continue the dialogue we’ve begun internally about how all of us need to "be the change we want to see in the world." Attorney Gina Plata Niño, Central-West Justice Center, will act as moderator for the event.
Panelists in the forum include:
- Eric Dickson, MD, President and CEO, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Congressman Jim McGovern, who represents our region in the 2nd Congressional District of Massachusetts
- Matilde “Mattie” Castiel, MD, Commissioner of Health and Human Services, City of Worcester
- Dr. Sarai Rivera, Worcester City Councilor and Chair of the Standing Committee on Public Health
- Tayyaba Salman, MD, Hospitalist, HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital, member of the Minority Advisory Council
All our caregivers are invited to log on and participate, as well as all those in our greater community! Questions for Dr. Dickson and the panelists can be submitted in advance right below in the comments section, as well as day of in the comments under the live stream.
Join us! And, spread the word.
It will be a dialogue among us all for the good of us all.
(P.S. You do not have to be a Facebook user in order to log on to see the live event right here on this page.)