Today at 12:30pm, Governor Baker and Lt. Governor Polito will make an announcement relative to reopening and the temporary capacity and gathering limits:
1.Temporary Capacity Limits Lifted – The 25% temporary capacity limits order will expire on February 8th at 5:00 AM.
- All businesses in the list below, currently limited to 25% capacity, will return to 40% capacity, as previously allowed (industry guidance effective in December 2020 will apply).
- Arcades and Recreational Businesses
- Driving and Flight Schools
- Gyms/Health Clubs
- Places of Worship
- Lodging (common areas)
- Golf (indoor areas)
- Movie theaters (no more than 50 people per theater)
- Restaurants will now be limited to 40% of their seated capacity, but as under the 25% capacity rule, employees will not count toward their capacity limit
- Close Contact Personal Services will now be limited to 40% capacity, but as under the 25% capacity rule, employees will be not count toward their capacity limit
- A limit of 8 people per 1000 sq. feet applies for smaller businesses without an available fire occupancy capacity limit
2.Gatherings Order – Gatherings remain at no more than 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
3.The Commonwealth remains in Phase 3 Step 1 of Reopening (Order No. 58) – Indoor performance venues and indoor recreation businesses like roller rinks and trampoline parks remain closed.
All sector specific guidance will be updated at www.mass.gov/reopening.