Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Security Systems Service Technician
Requisition ID: 1026
Apply now and if you join our team, you'll get a $5000 Sign-On-Bonus (licensed technicians only).
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following: performing routine inspections and repair of residential and commercial intrusion, fire, access, and video systems. Responsible for providing service/repair support of customers. Responsible for servicing the systems in the most efficient and effective manner to assure minimum down time and maximum performance. All services must meet the highest quality standards set forth by American Alarm, while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all respects of fire and security systems and equipment; mount equipment, replace equipment, test equipment, run wire and bend pipes.
- Instruct customers in system operation.
- Responsible for a degree of customer service.
- Mounts and connects devices which requires climbing ladders, drilling holes, bending pipes.
- Must be able to work in confined and small areas.
- Respond to alarms; communicate with the Central Station on location and status with the use of company telephone.
- Work with color-coded system wires.
- Full compliance with AACI’s and customer’s safety program.
- Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service tickets and inventory items.
- Directs the work of the service helper.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle adhere to policy and maintain vehicle.
- Regular attendance must be maintained.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Responsible for handling on-call duties on a regular scheduled basis.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance and or/Massachusetts security clearance.
Equipment used to Perform Job:
Ladder, company vehicle, hand tools, (I.E. screwdriver, drill, meters, telephone headset, soldering iron, pipe bender, hilti gun etc.) telephone, lift, and adding machine.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
High School Degree or equivalent and knowledge of installing all basic B/A and F/A with one to two years of related experience.
Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or Systems Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states.
Valid drivers license
Some out of town travel required.