Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Fire/Security Alarm Technician
Requisition ID: 1008
Great money. Great benefits. Minimal bull.
We know you have a lot of options for work these days, so let’s cut to the chase. We ask you to join our team, because we believe there’s no better place to build or finish your career in the security systems industry. We’ve been at this for 52 years, still family-owned, and the first employee we hired is still with us today. That tells you something about how we value people, and how our employees value working here.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
Independently performs detailed installation, testing and inspection, and repair of all American Alarm intrusion, fire, access, and video systems according to system specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure systems are functioning properly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects integrated and complex commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access, and video systems according to system specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure that systems are functioning properly. Inspects the quality of work to ensure it meets company standards and recommends quality process improvements.
- Installs and services small, medium, large, integrated, and complex commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access, and video systems according to system specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair functions for all systems including advanced, complex integrated commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access, and video systems such as: programming; debugging computer glitches; cleaning detectors; testing controls and peripheral devices; mounting, replacing, and testing equipment according to specifications; running cable, bending pipe, etc. Maintains and repairs system components. Tests systems according to written specifications to verify system performance and to determine cause of system problems.
- Instructs customers in intrusion, fire, access control and video system operation. Responds to customer questions and requests. Recommend corrective services to adjust customer complaints.
- Defines the scope of add-ons and change orders, seeks customer approval, and writes up paperwork. Assists in the explanation of systems alternatives to potential customers. Recommends ways to use additional features and capabilities of system installations.
- Maintains accurate records of all inspections, service calls and troubleshooting as required. Provides accurate, detailed, and timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Oversees the work of Systems Apprentices checking for quality, safety, and accuracy. Provides feedback to Supervisors on Systems Apprentice performance. Acts as onsite project lead to meet project timelines and goals.
- Evaluates new products for reliability and fitness to targeted customer use and profile.
- Other duties as required by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience plus the completion of a vocational, technical or license training program.
- Continuous manufacturer's specialized training.
- College Degree a plus.
- Knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting, and repairing basic intrusion, fire, access, video, networked systems.
- At least one specialty and basic understanding of networking required.
- Basic project planning, administration, and execution.\
- Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman “B” or Systems Technician “D” license, or equivalent in other states. F1 Boston Fire Department Alarm or other municipal certifications. Valid Driver's License. Manufacturing Certifications such as Notifier for Fire Alarm. Industry Certifications recommended: e.g., NICET Fire Alarm, EST, NTS/ESA, BICSI. Also, Massachusetts Security Certificate of Clearance or equivalent in other states and DOD clearance. For all: ESNT Network Certificate, Network+ recommended.
- Job requires command of English language including reading, speaking, writing, and taking verbal instructions to clearly communicate and follow instructions. Touch typing a plus.
- Ladder, company vehicle, hand tools, (i.e., screwdriver, drill, meters, telephone headset, soldering iron, pipe bender, Hilti gun, etc.) smart phone, lift, calculator, laptop, tablet, smartphone. Must have a currently valid driver's license and be 25 years old or have a clear driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, travel by car and fit into tight places.
Must be able to respond to audible and visual signals indicating that the system is functioning properly.