Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The Lead Guest Specialist (LGS) will train new employees in the Guest Specialist role while supporting the Manager and Assistant Manager. The LGS will enforce the importance of the duties and responsibilites of being a Guest Specialist while providing superior customer service.
Supervision ReceivedReports to and receives direct supervision from the Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager and District Manager. May receive direction and supervision from the Director of Operations.
Supervision ExercisedSupervises new employees during the training and onboarding process.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service according to the operating standards of the company.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- In absence of Manager or Assistant Manager responsible for all cash, invoices, merchandising, and equipment at the facility.
- In absence of Manager or Assistant Manager responsible for transmitting information to home office meeting established deadlines.
- Responsible for proper cash, credit card, and check accountability at end of shift.
- Responsible for inventory control by reacting to shoplifters and gas theft.
- Responsible for overall physical image (cleanliness) both inside and outside of site.
- Merchandises facility according to the operating standards of the company.
- Following the company standard training checklists, assists Store Manager to train all facility employees in store operations, product knowledge, sales techniques, personnel appearance and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees complete required onboarding process within established timeframe.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe activities to Store Manager, District Manager, Director of Operations and/or Human Resources.
- Prepares and submits all incident reports within 24 hours of the incident and secures associated video when applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Customer Focused.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Honesty and Integrity.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Effective Task & Time Management.
- Communication proficiency both verbal and written.
- Ability to Prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Ability to adapt and manage change.
- Identifies problems and resolves issues quickly and effectively
- Able to work independently or in a team to complete multiple tasks.
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process necessary transactions.
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer, and juice containers, etc. at least once per shift.
- Be able to bend, stoop, push and pull to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to sit/stand for up to a full eight hour shift in the performance of job duties.
- Be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally (one-handed) in the operation of store euipment such as cash registers, computers and adding machines.
- Be able to work around gasoline fumes odors, and cleaning products.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 10 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
- Be able to climb a two to five foot ladder and maintain balance to clean windows and stock and arrange coolers and shelves, hang and/or change signs in and around store.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
- Be able to clean parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 33 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Class C-Operator certification required.
- Successful completion of background check is required.
- Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance required.
- Required to work 35-40 hours per week with open availability.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years prior retail store experience, preferably in Food and/or C-Store Industry.
- Strong customer service skills.