Our Core Values
Customer First ¨ Guanxi ¨ Ownership ¨ Passion ¨ Do More With Less
About 1A Auto
1A Auto is a high growth e-commerce company and we pride ourselves on employing the best talent. Each team member brings a unique skill set to the table and collectively have a track record of accomplishing the most challenging of goals. We are an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great “can-do” culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
We embrace our purpose which is to be passionate about empowering people to do their own auto repairs. Our company’s mission is to make your car projects go smoothly and to become your trusted source for auto parts. We treat our customers like family. Our niche is to provide great value, exceptional customer service and education to make customers confident in their decision to do their own repairs.
The purchasing manager oversees day to day purchasing operations and manages the purchasing team. Key responsibilities include domestic and overseas ordering, calculating stock levels, and maintaining the purchasing database through the accounting system. The purchasing manager works very closely with the Product Development Team and the Fulfilment Centers to maintain data integrity for all products and to coordinate receiving, and the stock levels in each Fulfilment Center.
- Procurement data integrity in 1A Auto’s ERP and related systems
- Domestic and overseas ordering
- Calculate and maintain stock levels in each Fulfillment Center
- Continuous improvement of KPIs for Out of stocks and Inventory Turns
- Distribution center support for receiving of overseas and domestic products and expanding the flow of data electronically to/from suppliers.
- Effectively communicate results of KPIs, root cause analysis and present necessary action plans to management
- Analyze supply chain flow, identifies bottlenecks, problem areas, and identify innovative solutions.
- Implement or continue development of 1A Auto’s vendor management system.
- Manage, mentor and provide development path for purchasing team, including hiring, training, motivating and addressing performance issues
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with our company’s core values.
- Work with Product Management and the Taiwan Office to manage Overseas supplier relationships in conjunction with strategic direction from upper management.
- Manage Domestic vendor relationships along with the Product development team to maintain target stock at a cost that is competitive in the market.
- Supports vendor business reviews to drive continuous improvement of procurement KPIs
- Work with the Taiwan office to enhance and expand 1A Auto’s overseas procurement initiatives.
- Maintain, improve, and implement best practices with the current forecasting system as well as evaluate 3rd party forecasting systems.
Purchasing Manager Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement technology and best practices.
- Domestic and overseas travel to supplier facilities and trade shows.
- Achievement of goals and continuous improvement of purchasing KPIs
- Advanced/expert level Excel knowledge, Knowledge or openness to learn SQL programming.
- High level of analytical ability to produce and interpret data and suggest or implement a course of action.
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Track and conduct analysis on supply, price, and quality of purchased products against market and other economic drivers
BA Degree and 5+ years in a similar sourcing and product management position for an Ecommerce retail or wholesale company.
Please note: This job description is not all inclusive, but rather is intended to capture the majority of the job functions.