Potpourri Group Inc., referred to as "PGI", was founded in 1963, publishing a single consumer catalog title. New brands were added through internal development and acquisitions so that today PGI has grown to be one of the most successful multi-brand direct-to-consumer merchants in America, serving millions of customers a year.
At PGI, we look for unique talent and skills, and above all else, passion. Our employees are enthusiastic team members who love what they do, and come to work every day ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. Employees here take initiative, take pride in their work and accomplishments, and are trusted to work independently while being team players known for sharing ideas, support, and resources.
PGI is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, informal meetings, and even hallway and coffee room conversations. The workload is significant, deadlines run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they care. People are more than just co-workers at PGI and it’s more than just another job here. It’s a calling, it’s a community, and it’s a career.
- Support the Ecommerce department in business analysis and web database support.
- Manage Marketing database to help evaluate effectiveness of Catalog and Ecommerce programs.
- Support the Merchandising department with item level profitability analysis.
- Oversee inventory forecasting processes to help Buyers make item purchase decisions.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to the Senior Management.
- Furthering the capabilities of the company’s analytical and forecasting tools to meet users’ needs and enhance decision-making.
- Work closely with other departments to develop and manage database processes.
- Manage MS SQL procedures, queries and jobs to support multiple departments in the company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Database Marketing, Finance, or similar data analysis field.
- Strong understanding of relational database architecture and concepts.
- Skilled using SQL, MS Access and Excel.
- Excellent algebraic skills. Must be able to make sound business decisions in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail and curiosity to investigate business problems using data manipulation and research.
- Strong written and oral communication skills clearly.
- Comfortable working with multiple departments in the company, including senior management.
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts, Hays Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program and Good RX
- Yoga, Meditation, Chair Massages and Weight Watchers
Please visit our corporate website at www.PotpourriGroup.com for more information.
Potpourri Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer