Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Catania Oils a leading packager and processor of edible cooking oils located in Ayer, MA. We are looking for talented individuals who are interested in a career in manufacturing. We currently have the following job opening:
Position has overall responsibility for supervising the day-to-day operations in their designated warehouse while enforcing and ensuring all SOPs, GMPs, and necessary warehousing tasks, goals, and functions are being followed by all and completed without compromise.
The Warehouse Supervisor needs to be devoted to continuous operational improvement. This position develops and directs the activities of the other warehouse employees. Leads by example and demands excellence of him/herself and forklift operators, shippers, temps (as needed) as directed by the warehouse manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but is not limited to the following:
1. Develops and prepares a strategy to handle to supervise daily operations in relation to:
a. Coordinating product movement and placement based off of production schedule
b. Orders to pick or stage in advance
c. Items to transfer between warehouses
d. Stock rotation
e. Minimizing and eliminating production downtime
f. Coordinating drop-trailer pool
2. Supervises employees to ensure they are organized, on task, and accountable to complete daily activities in a timely manner.
3. Assists and contributes to: Hiring/Firing, disciplinary action, performance reviews.
4. Follows through on any projects or reports as directed by the warehouse manager (process improvement, KPIs, etc.) and is prepared to discuss and develop reports, trends, and company goals with the warehouse manager.
5. Supports production, inventory control, quality control as needed – assists with scheduling, questions, inventory issues, general issues.
6. Works with logistics to facilitate drop trailer program and make sure the drop trailer board is updated regularly.
7. Fills in when necessary: picking/unloading trailers, servicing a production line, checking drivers in/out, assisting with general warehouse activities.
8. Communicates necessary trailer movement with the yard driver in an organized fashion
9. Leads annual/semi annual inventory counts as scheduled.
10. Tracks daily forklift inspections and works with forklift providers to ensure that all issues written up are acted on and necessary PMs are being performed.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in warehousing or logistics
- Forklift certification
- Experience with Microsoft Works is a plus
- Previous experience in leading a group of 3 or more is a plus
- Must be Reliable and dependable and maintains exemplary attendance record
- Willingness to work late, OT, or perhaps weekends to see tasks though in a satisfactory manner. Also, coordinate any necessary OT staffing.
- Knowledge of OSHA/Safety Requirements.
- Lifting or stacking cases up to 50 pounds
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Pallet Jack
- Electric Pallet Jack
- Manual Hand Jack
- RF Scanners
- Label software and Label Printer
Fast paced, driven, and team-oriented atmosphere focused on efficiency, productivity and cooperation.
We are a fourth generation, family-owned organization poised for incredible growth. The diversity of our workforce is celebrated. Everyone is valued, treated equally and with respect in a safe and innovative work environment. Our employees continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration and teamwork. To be successful here, you must demand excellence from yourself, be coachable, and commit fully to your goals of your team and the company.
Enjoy an excellent benefit package that includes a company matching 401k plan, onsite financial counselor, access to hundreds of vendor discounts, onsite market, weekly paycheck and many more benefits. Check our Catania oils facebook page and LinkedIn accounts to learn more. Come join the family!