Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING AND INVENTORY clerk
- Maintain and update dock schedule information.
- Schedule appointments for outbound shipments. Coordinate shipping and receiving dock activities. Maintain driver in/out logs for warehouse office.
- Prepare and distribute pick assignments to team members.
- Document incoming and outgoing shipments using load sheets and photographs; ensure documentation is completed in full and delivered to appropriate location.
- Manage inventory control through the regular and ad hoc review and counting of inventory. Conduct cycle and physical counts on a regular and periodic basis and as required to resolve discrepancies.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, such as the purchasing, quality systems, and customer service departments, to investigate and resolve nonconforming product and inventory discrepancies. Research nonconforming situations and troubleshoot to determine cause of problem in inventory and address problem to prevent reoccurrence in the future. Inform management of all inventory concerns so preventive action can be taken. Look for ways to improve efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Efficiently and effectively use the company’s enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and warehouse management system software (WMS) to maintain accurate inventory records. Understand and adjust inventory in these systems according to internal procedures and processes.
- Query and analyze data as needed to perform the required job functions as requested by management; efficiently create complex documents and reports.
- Using a variety of material-handling equipment, perform physical counts and cycle counts as required.
- Promptly and effectively respond to inventory questions/requests.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards and maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Pay very close attention to detail in order to effectively manage inventory.
- Work well with others and maintain organization between cross-related departments.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Rely on monitoring and inventory control, as well as good problem solving, analytical skills and judgment in order to resolve issues in a timely and efficient
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Efficiently and accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Quickly adapt to change and solve problems immediately.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Technical training certificate, one to three months related experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Must be able to obtain forklift and pallet jack license through Warren Distribution.
- This position will require the individual to remain seated for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate standard office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
- While performing physical inventory counts, the individual must be able to (i) move about the warehouse, (ii) access high and low shelves to access inventory, (iii) ascend and descend stairs to access inventory and office location, (iv) move products about to obtain accurate inventory counts, (v) observe and interact with associates and equipment in warehouse, (vi) remain in stationary position for long periods of time when conducting inventory counts, and (vii) transport products weighing up to 100 pounds, with or without assistance or motorized equipment as needed.
- The individual will work primarily in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
- While performing physical inventory counts, the individual will also be expected to work in a warehouse environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, dust, and extreme heat or cold.