Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Full Job Description
Leads a comprehensive Veteran outreach/Support Services program with a primary focus of five underserved cities or towns identified by the state. Effectively providing day-to-day management and administration for a team of case managers that provide Support services determined by the program, with a specialization in homelessness, at-risk, and transitional supportive services. Develop and monitor the appropriate use of key linkages for veterans and their families that address intake and assessment, service planning, service delivery, and goal achievement for permanent housing attainment or maintenance. The position will provide leadership for the team of case managers, especially training, supervision, problem-solving for difficult or stuck cases, and case review. Oversee appropriate use by case managers of community advocacy and wrap around supports and services in the community. Measure and assess impact of services and supports and participate in CQI efforts.
- Desired: A bachelor’s degree in education, counseling psychology, rehabilitative counseling, or related human service field, but an Associate’s degree may substitute upon review of other, experience critical to homeless veterans and their families. Degree may be waived based on experience in veterans’ programs. Two years supervisory experience required. Reliable transportation and excellent driving record a must. Preference to military veterans given. Must pass a criminal background check.
Need to have a thorough understanding of:
· Budget management
· Staff supervision and coordination
· Eligibility requirements for state-funded, federally funded VA programs that assist and support veterans and families
· VA and local community resources (e.g., education programs, vocational workshops, and financial assistance)
· Professional networking and relationship building (e.g., recruiting and working with community members to achieve goals)
· Marketing strategies and materials (e.g., informational brochures, web-based content, and event hosting)
· Effective public speaking techniques
· Federal, VA, and VHA regulations and policies (e.g., HIPAA and Privacy Acts)
· Information management systems, SalesForce, Coordinated Entry, and HMIS systems
· Dynamics of various Veteran populations (e.g., service era and socioeconomic status)
· Mental health counseling principles, practices, and techniques (e.g., treatment of PTSD, depression, and substance abuse)
· Psychosocial assessment modalities, principles, and practices
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Devens, MA 01434: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person