Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Location: Forge & Vine, Groton, MA
Hours: Part-time, 25-30 hours per week, shifts typically 3pm to 11:30pm. Weekends and some holidays required.
Compensation: $20 to $23 per hour, depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Experience: Previous restaurant experience required.
The Restaurant Supervisor at Forge & Vine is responsible for supervision of FOH staff and restaurant operations in support of or in the absence of the Director of F&B He or she works in conjunction with the Director of F&B to create memorable experiences for our guests, to meet and exceed expectations, and build relationships while driving profitability.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for gracious guest services while representing Forge & Vine in a professional manner and appearance.
- Work with the Director of F&B and Executive Chef to hold the standards of product and operational execution of restaurant services. Continuously direct, evaluate and improve food and beverage services.
- Responsible for knowledge about all foods served and a complete understanding of the kitchens timing and execution of all menu items. The Forge & Vine Restaurant Supervisor acts as liaison between the guests, service staff, and kitchen.
- Responsible to assist the Forge & Vine Managers in providing timely feedback to all associates.
- Provide staff members with leadership by being an active participant on the floor. Be seen as a source of information and guidance, offer relevant information, and motivate through example.
- Communicate effectively with all management and across restaurant lines. Open honest feedback delivered in an appropriate manner to peers and line staff alike is vital.
- Maintain knowledge of house counts, business levels, scheduled groups and activities.
- Must be fluent in POS billing, problem resolution, cash handling, and reconciliation.
- Effectively lead our staff towards greater consistency to increase productivity while maintaining optimum service to guest.
- Ensure the execution of a clean, well groomed, facility without defect or damage, overseeing proper care, cleaning and stock of interiors, service and table wares, furniture and POS equipment.
- Responsible for the performance of daily internal operations and tasks required from opening to closing.
- Protect the assets of Forge & Vine.
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must enjoy working with the public and have a strong appreciation for the guests’ experience.
- Knowledgeable of casual dining styles, proper food and beverage service
- Should be well spoken, have a can-do attitude, be a quick learner and with hands on accountability.
- Prior experience in food & beverage service is preferred.
- Candidate should show enthusiasm, graciousness, flexibility, adaptability, strong leadership and organization skills, the ability to work under pressure and multi-task, and the desire to learn and teach.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, menu details, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions. May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces, move and arrange chairs, tables, and banquet equipment.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Working in extreme temperatures and conditions both indoors and out.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
- Frequent handwashing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, stress, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.