Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Restaurant Server - Full Time - $5.55/hr plus tipsApply Now Job ID RESTA12311Date posted 05/24/2021Location Fitchburg, MassachusettsJob Type Full Time
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders, serving food and beverages, and handling transactions while interacting in a positive, friendly and efficient manner with our guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and appetizers; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions and understanding customer's special needs and/or dietary restrictions
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen including accompaniments and condiments from service bars, as requested
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host person; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Some High School education or equivalent
- Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as they apply to cash handling
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands including nights, weekends and Holidays as needed
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous server experience
- Prior experience with Point-of-Sale (POS) technology
- Proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Able to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time