The Arc is actively seeking part time / per diem staff to join our relief staff pool. Relief staff work on a per diem basis. You work when you have the availability to pick up an open shift. Day, evening and over night shifts available. Our relief staff openings are a great opportunity for people with a passion for working with individuals with disabilities and looking for part time work.
Relief staff provide direct care and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will offer guidance, hands-on assistance, instruction, and implement individuals’ support plans to help program participants attain independence and integration in the community.
Click here for a video to get a glimpse into a day in the life of working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Looking for candidates with availability to pick up:
Sat and Sunday Any / All Shifts 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm , 11pm- 7am
- Works closely with Residential managers and Direct Support Professionals in delivering service standards of excellence and ensure operational compliance within assigned program in accordance with federal, state and agency regulations.
- Actively advocates for individuals served and demonstrates agency mission and values in all interpersonal and professional relations and implement Individual Support Plans for individuals based on assessments, objectives and goals.
- Assist program participants with personal care and hygiene as needed, including but not limited to: toileting, transfers, change dining, showering, dressing, and grooming
- Provide light to medium maintenance/domestic functions associated with residential programs, including, but not limited to: cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, shoveling snow, and grounds keeping duties as assigned.
Relief Minimum Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- High school diploma or GED is required, experience in relevant field preferred.
- Ability to: lift up to 50 lbs., kneel, bend and carry items, sustain periods of walking, standing, and sitting, physically assist individuals according to their needs.
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.
Competencies: Disabilities, Support, Human Rights, ISP, Personal Care, Assistance and Guidance.