: Quality Inspector - Level 1
: Quality Control
: Quality Manager
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
Monitors the daily in-process production by performing visual, dimensional and functional inspections.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER POSITION DUTIES
- Perform visual, dimensional and functional inspections in accordance with In-Process inspection procedures and documents in Control plan as required.
- Dimensionally inspect product utilizing various measuring devices, such as calipers, micrometers, vision systems.
- Document inspection data on appropriate records.
- Utilize computer to record statistical data.
- Able to use day to day gaging used in QA Lab
- Able to recognize defects on the molded/assembled parts
- Able to read and follow requirements on a control plan
- Regular attendance, punctuality and professionalism.
- Follow procedures for retaining samples.
- Notify Supervisor/Lead of any non-conformances. Follow procedures for product rejections.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas and Quality Control equipment.
- Generate Labels for daily production retains/tailgates at the start of each shift
- Responsible for supervising the rework of nonconforming product in the hold area and performing final inspection on reworked product if instructed.
- Maintain quality areas clean, neat and organized
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Minimum 1-3 years prior experience in Quality Control
- Recommended 1 year experience in Plastic Injection Molding Environment
- Experience with precision measuring equipment
- Blueprint Interpretation skills.
- Must have computer skills and familiarity with Word and Excel programs
- Knowledge of SPC and ISO 9001 & 13485 system requirements
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
- The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for frequent operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer items up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards which may require respiratory protection
Computer, printer, telephone/calculator and quality measurement tools such as calipers, vision systems, drop indicators, micrometers.
: Customers, all SMC employees.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE
: This position does not supervise employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.