Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
The Quality Associate will fill the essential role of performing quality related tasks and monitoring various quality programs. The Quality Associate duties range from performing product release testing, conducting GMP sanitation inspections, conducting quality checks, to administrative assistance with other programs. The Quality Associate will also serve as the eyes and ears of the Quality department in our Ayer, MA facility to ensure adherence to applicable policies and procedures on the production floor.
Primary ResponsibilitiesQuality Control:
- Performs required testing activities for products, raw materials, and equipment calibration.
- Send out samples for required 3rd party testing as needed.
- Communicate product deviations and OOS materials to quality and operations personnel to assist with determining required CAPAs and nonconforming materials disposition.
- Communicate with manufacturing operations and supply chain regarding testing due dates and potential delays.
- Manage hold and release of materials within the facility, and materials transfer.
- Maintain, update, and execute the food safety plans, standard operating procedures, and work instructions for quality related tasks.
- Assist duties related to the programs listed below:
- Assist with the supplier approval program and related communication with existing and prospective suppliers as needed.
- Assist quality engineers with Kosher and Halal programs compliance.
- Assist with environmental monitoring program to help Operations monitor the cleaning efficiency.
- Assist with the chemical control program helping provide safe products and a safe workplace with MSDS for all chemicals, proper usage instructions and chemical use permission zones.
- Assist with the foreign materials control program to meet the business needs.
- Assist with the auditing program via performing required audits.
- Conduct daily and monthly GMP & Sanitation inspections, Communicate the inspection findings, and help Operations execute the agreed upon corrective action plan(s).
- Assist with performing quality trainings for on onboarding of new personnel as well as for the annual refresher trainings.
- Conduct required trainings for facility personnel per the guidance of the quality department head.
- Assist with the CAPA program by verifying the completion and closure identified items.
- Provide support during 3rd party and regulatory audits as needed.
- Assist with supplier audit, as needed.
- Verify receipt of required documents (CoA, CoC, BOL, etc.,) for raw materials during receiving.
- Conduct pre-op swabs on food contact surfaces to assure cleanliness and absence of allergens.
- Conduct line clearance and pre-op label, lot number, best before verification.
- Conduct line checks to verify weight, containers closure, and recording preventive control data.
- Provide quality related oversight and feedback to manufacturing staff as and when needed.
- Serve as a liaise between kosher and halal certifying bodies with respect to ACI Operations and finished products.
- Other activities as needed to support Operations.
Education and/or Experience
- AS or higher in food science, biology, chemistry, or other technical degree preferred.
- 2+ years quality related experience in food or beverage manufacturing.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- PCQI, HACCP experience is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with 3rd party auditing (e.g., FSSC22000, AIB) is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and in alignment with company’s goals.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer-Vets/Disabled, committed to a diverse workforce. If you need assistance with completion of an application for employment, please contact Human Resources Department at 978-862-1980.