Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Summary: Responsible for developing, conducting, and supervising/chaperoning a wide variety of leisure-time activities for all students.
- Assists with work involved in planning, organizing, and carrying out department’s total recreational services.
- Administers a well-rounded program of diversified activities in the assigned recreation component.
- Submits all supply needs, i.e. equipment and maintenance, giving suggested source of supply to supervisor.
- Keeps a daily record of attendance in the assigned recreational activities, arts and crafts, movie, weight room, intramurals, etc.
- Maintains discipline, cleanliness and inventory control in assigned areas.
- Posts schedules of monthly activities and special events.
- Submits a schedule of special activities for the upcoming month to supervisor on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Submits list of monthly off-Center cultural activities and other events, which will be placed on the upcoming month’s calendar of off-Center trips.
- Maintains a stocked first aid kit in assigned area where it is clearly visible and accessible.
- Assists in recruitment of volunteers and supervises and gives direction to any volunteer personnel assigned to the recreation area.
- Projects a positive self-image and encourages enthusiastic participation in recreation programs.
- Chaperones and directs off-Center trips and ensures necessary funds are available for the trips.
- Follows the CDSS/CSS/BMS plans and procedures daily.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Adheres to required property controls policies and procedures.
- Maintains recreational equipment.
- Model, Mentor and Monitor all Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Above average public speaking skills and experience in same; above average verbal and written skills; above average problem solving and conflict resolution skills; computer literacy;; ability to obtain a commercial drivers’ license and ability to travel periodically. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet special and emergency needs of the department.
Experience: Minimum of one-year related experience and/or training.
Education: Associate of Arts Degree, preferably in a related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State Driver’s License; valid Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and to taste and smell. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.