Location: Brockton, MA Department: Production
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Production Operator is involved in the manufacturing, packaging, and shipping of medical food/bakery items. The Production Operator is responsible to ensure that all products are produced in a safe manner while complying with all food safety requirements. The core hours for this role are 6:00 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Understand, follow, and prepare recipes for producing medical foods/bakery products.
- Understand, follow, adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) to mix, blend, produce and/or package bakery products.
- Work in an environment that includes measuring, mixing, blending equipment including commercial ovens.
- Maintain ingredients and packaging in a clean and orderly manner.
- Participate in maintaining the facility in a sanitary, safe, and orderly manner.
- Follow SOPs relative to quality, safety and security.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; college degree a plus.
- Previous machine operator, mixer, or packaging experience required; food or beverage manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and HACCP preferred.
- Basic personal computer experience preferred.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to all quality, safety and company policies and practices.
- Ability to work in a food manufacturing environment and wear all necessary PPE and/or GMP related materials, i.e., safety shoes, glasses, earplugs, beard net, hair net, gloves etc.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, and pull on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours a day.
Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer-Vets/Disabled, committed to a diverse workforce. If you need assistance with completion of an application for employment, please contact Human Resources Department at 978-862-1980.