Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
We are searching for an experienced Production Manager to join our team. In the newly created position you will be responsible for the efficient packing and processing of edible oils. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering, responsibility for the management of (3) Supervisors across (3) shifts. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership abilities who will perform the following job responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Directs work of shift supervisors in the day to day operations of the production area.
2. Implements and monitors the production work flow. Adjusts production to meet target objectives.
3. Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity. Optimize existing process by utilizing whatever tool necessary to achieve results.
4. Coach, direct and train employees. Monitor employees about their work performance. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
5. Keeps track of efficiencies results and optimizes resources effectively to produce desirable results.
6. Develops, implements, and maintains production Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Ensures best practices are implemented and maintained.
7. Collaborates with Shift Supervisors to evaluate production and schedules to plan manpower to meet production needs in a fast paced environment.
8. Assist monitoring of quality product ensuring accurate code and labeling of product is produced.
9. Interacts with maintenance department to ensure proper operation of equipment
10. Adheres to all GMP and Safety guidelines.
11. Participates and supports the operations HACCP, GMP and SQF Programs.
12. Maintains all food safety guidelines in the absence of the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering.
13. Ensures compliance with all government regulatory agencies
14. Maintains a safe work environment by practicing safe work processes.
15. Member of cross functional safety committee.
16. Active participant in regular team meetings.
- BS/BA in Business, Manufacturing Process Operations, packaging design preferred.
- 5-7 years manufacturing experience in food or beverage environment
- Advanced training in HACCP, SQI, KPI’s, DOE
- Strong Leadership Skills, Advanced leadership training preferred
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence positively with all levels of employees at the Management at the Plant level.
- “Hands on Manager” will ability to spend majority of time in production environment
- Attention to detail with continuous improvement mentality
Equal Opportunity Employer