Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Title: Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Third Shift: 11:00 p.m.- 7:00 a.m.
|Job Type: T F/T o P/T||Position Level: Non-supervisory|
|Department: Maintenance||Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor|
|Division: PEPSI-EPIC||Date Created: 10/24/20|
Responsible for ensuring equipment and machinery down-time is kept to a minimum by performing the necessary maintenance. Perform building maintenance as necessary. Complete duties in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner. An employee working in this area is expected to operate as a member of a team, which includes assisting one another as needed. The shift is 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 am.
- Perform routine maintenance on machines, equipment, and the building. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Secondary electrical, HVAC, and construction repair.
- Painting, fixture repair, general building maintenance.
- Machine preventative maintenance to include adjustments, cleaning and lubricating, etc.
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions; repair as needed to maintain line efficiency.
- Assemble and/or install new machinery and equipment.
- Operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, and fixtures, and tools.
- Remain in constant communication with supervisor regarding maintenance supply items needed; complete order form and submit promptly so as not to run out of supplies.
- At the start of the work-day, and otherwise as needed, complete production line checklists.
- Maintain housekeeping and GMP’s in all work areas.
- Ensure compliance at all times with OSHA and other safety related rules and practices.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by management.
- Must be mobile and be able to travel/navigate throughout the facility. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to read documents and use equipment.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to climb, stoop or kneel to perform routine tasks within the scope of the job.
- Must be able to grip/grab objects.
- Must be able to work in environments that may include, but are not restricted to, cold, heat, wet, humid, draft, fumes, or various combinations of same.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Electrical/mechanical trade school desired.
Minimum two years experience in related field desired. Two years experience in general mechanical repair, preferably machine maintenance. Will accept equivalent combination of experience and education/training.