Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Prep Cook - Full Time - $14.00/hrApply Now Job ID PREPC12313Date posted 05/24/2021Location Fitchburg, MassachusettsJob Type Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Restaurant Cook 1 works in a fast paced, exciting environment to deliver on our commitment to high quality hospitality. The Restaurant Cook 1 prepares food in accordance with recipes set by the executive chef, ensuring meal quality and guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the daily operation of the back of house adheres to operating procedure guidelines
- Perform food preparation tasks for all fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry, fish, etc. used in recipes
- Prepare all food items per recipe guidelines, tasting and adjusting for flavor with assistance of chef
- Ensure back of house area adheres to the highest standards of cleanliness, presentation, and service
- Maintain appropriate levels of necessary dishes and utensils; keep all dishware used in cooking and serving clean and sanitary at all times
- Monitor supply levels in back of house area and replenish as necessary
- Monitor equipment operation, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies, and call for repairs as necessary
- Ensure compliance with all food-handling and sanitation regulations
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Some High School education or equivalent
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands, including nights, weekends and Holidays as needed
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Enrollment in, or willingness to work towards culinary degree
- Previous cook experience
- Understanding of sanitation-related issues and knowledge of precautions necessary to ensure a clean food preparation environment
- Proven teamwork
- Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time