Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
|Supervisor Title:||Director of Operations||Supervises:||3|
|Employment Status:||Full-time||Job Grade:|
The Plant Engineer is a hands-on leader responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities concerned with the design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and facilities in an industrial plant. Establishes standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
The overall goal of this position is to apply preventative and proactive maintenance processes and continuous process improvement techniques that result in high-performance machinery focusing on supporting the production environment. This position will develop and continuously improve our overall equipment productivity, maintenance processes, systems, and personnel. The Plant Engineer is accountable for training, parts, inventory, project delivery, and maintenance metrics while partnering with production to improve the performance of both sites and business overall.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field of study.
- 5 years’ experience working with automated equipment in a food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- 5+ years’ experience in an aseptic and/or powder manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with mechanical and electrical systems in a multitude of applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced Mechanical and Electrical skills.
- Knowledgeable of automation and proven advanced mechanical electrical skills
- PLC Troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience validating aseptic and/or powder manufacturing equipment and processes a plus.
- Understanding of key operations details from automated machinery to internal and external processes.
- Ability to record, report and analyze reliable data; experience with SAP a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, be on-call and travel as necessary.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a “can do” attitude.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position requires the ability to perform repetitive motions, lifting up to 50 pounds and on occasion maneuvering drums in excess of 50 pounds with team assistance. The incumbent must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors, bend, reach, push, and pull. Ability to use a computer, telephone, calculator, hand tools, and measuring devices required for the role.
- Management of CAPEX investments to meet the time, cost, and project goals and targets
- Developing, maintaining, and improving a Total Preventative Maintenance program
- Responsible in conjunction with the Director of Operations for mentoring and coaching Maintenance and production personnel
- In collaboration with Maintenance and equipment supplier defines requirements for new designs, processes and maintenance schedules.
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
- Coordinate and manage line installments start-ups and decommissioning events.
- In conjunction with the maintenance personnel and equipment vendors, develop Standard Operating Procedures for equipment operation and parameter settings including preventative maintenance, predictive analysis, and work order scheduling
- Analyze workflows for productivity, review KPI monitoring systems for improvement
- Maintain associated business costs and capital expenditures for quarterly reports
- Responsible for design, development, and execution of engineering project, calculations, diagrams, technical reports, and regulatory documents
- Other duties as assigned.