Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
PLANT AND OFFICE CUSTODIAN- FULL TIME 1st SHIFT
Basic cleaning, including cleaning of all common areas, restrooms, entrances, walkways, windows, furniture, fixtures, stairs, chairs, tables, telephones, break room, trashing, dusting polishing and other assigned items/area in high traffic areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for all basic cleaning
- Cleaning of restrooms includes restocking toilet paper and other dispensers, emptying trash, clean and sanitize fixtures, clean mirrors, spot clean partition doors and walls, sweep and mop tile floors, and clean toilets and urinals
- Clean breakroom and wash floor daily
- Daily cleaning of all business offices including trash removal, dusting, vacuuming
- Weekly cleaning of all production floor supervisor’s offices
- Move furniture, vacuum, reposition furniture, empty trash and replace liners
- Check all trash containers
- Cleaning includes dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up larger objects off the floor and spot cleaning glass
- Performs additional duties as required, including attending to incidental spills, and related clean-up work for trash and restroom concerns
- Monitor and stock coffee supplies and break room soda cooler
- Order cleaning supplies when deemed necessary
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of (1) year experience working in a high volume/traffic facility
- Strong communication skills
- Must be willing to work assigned hours
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be able to individually lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach and lift for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in manufacturing, or production facilities with moderate to loud noise level and changing working conditions.
- May require use of safety equipment or personal protective equipment, as needed.
- Dependable -- reliable
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply