Why Fox Pest Control?
Whatever your goals are, we believe every person has the potential to be a leader. Our teams are built on all of us working together to help every team member truly feel known, valued, and inspired.
Apart from an unrivaled culture, we provide competitive compensation, benefits, and training to set you up for success. Our Pest Control Technician Pathway program is particularly unique in giving technicians a clear way to advance their careers and compensation through job skills, knowledge, and leadership training!
What we offer
- Base pay from $18-$22/hr+ DOE
- Additional commission and bonus opportunities (top techs make up to $80k+/yr)
- Paid training, licensing, and certifications
- Eligibility for performance-based raise as soon as 90 days
- Day 1 medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% company match, no vesting period
- PTO (after 30 days)
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Company vehicle, gas card, tablet equipment, and products
- Opportunity & Development
- A real opportunity for growth (30% company growth and 120+ internal promotions last year)
- A merit-based "technician pathway" program with specific requirements and milestones leading to promotions and pay increases
- An individualized leadership plan focused on helping you achieve personal aspirations and goals
What is the job? - "A Day in the Life"
You will have the perfect mix of independence and building relationships with others. Each day you will take ownership of getting everything ready to serve your customers and execute your assigned route with the highest level of care and respect.
A large part of your responsibilities includes speaking face-to-face with your customers. You will be expected to build genuine relationships, set expectations, and resolve concerns.
Each of your visits will include:
- Preparing the specific materials for that customer's unique needs
- Letting the customer know you are on your way
- Knocking on the door and greeting the customer
- Performing the service
- Reporting in person and detailed notes on what you saw, did, and recommend for the customer's continued pest protection
- Proceed to the next customer
What you need
- A positive, people-focused attitude
- Desire to grow as an individual
- Able to:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly
- Build positive relationships
- Effectively communicate value to customers
- Learn how to analyze pest activity, explain it to customers, and take action
- Learn/follow servicing protocols to apply chemical solutions/products
- Must be 21 years of age or older for insurance purposes
- A valid driver's license, authorized to work in the US
- This position is subject to a background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle record check where allowed by local, state, and federal law
What will set you apart?
- Experience in manual labor, service routes, or outdoor work
- Face-to-face customer service experience and people skills
- Current pest control license or previous experience with pest control or pesticides
- Desire to learn and develop as an individual and leader
What is the next step?
At Fox, we take the decision to hire someone into our organization very seriously. We strive to have every position filled by the candidate that will thrive the most. As part of the application process we use a unique screening approach with properly validated, non-discriminatory, and legally compliant assessments. You must submit an assessment of approximately 8-12 minutes to complete your application.
All technician candidates can expect the following hiring process.
Application → Assessment → Review → Interview → Offer
- Application - You fill out personal information and apply
- Assessment -Check your email/texts for the assessment link. Complete the assessment!
- Review - We review your application
- Interview - The local Hiring Manager schedules and conducts an interview
- Offer - The Hiring Manager offers you the position, and onboarding begins
You may be informed that you will not be moving forward at any point in the process.
Who is Fox?
After working in the pest control industry for years, brothers-in-law Mike Romney and Bryant White opened the first Fox Pest Control branch in 2012. They founded their company on the belief that hard work and integrity would enable them to grow their business successfully -- and they were right! Fox is still rapidly growing, a Top 13, nationwide pest control company, with 32+ locations in over 15 states. Fox was recently awarded and recognized as one of Inc. 5000's "Fastest-growing Private companies." In early 2023, became a sister company to HomeTeam Pest Defense.
We are rooted in a relentless focus on people over profit and leadership development for every team member.
Fox's mission is to develop confident leaders who provide outstanding service through meaningful relationships.
To learn more about Fox and view additional opportunities, visit our careers site at fox-pest.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Fox Pest Control will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Fox Pest Control does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact email@example.com for assistance with accommodations.