Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Packaging ZONE LEADER
- Perform process audits and inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and company standards.
- Work with the shift supervisor on prioritizing and implementing improvements to the packaging line.
- Work with team members on defining and writing of standard operating procedures related to the zone’s standard operating processes and procedures.
- Assist team members in solving work problems and suggest plans to motivate team to achieve work goals.
- Inspect materials, products, and containers at each step of the packaging process.
- Work efficiently, under direction, in all areas of the packaging lines, including case packing, dump tables, labeling, and inspecting.
- Locate materials and equipment and follow established procedures for packaging line startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Perform required quality control testing, recording, and charting procedures on any and all packaging lines, ensuring that nonconforming product is handled according to company policy and procedures.
- Operate individual machines including setups, changeovers, and shutdowns.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead team in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Experience in high speed packaging, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Experience with lean manufacturing practices is highly desirable.
- Remain in a stationary position while performing line operations.
- Regularly move about and transport products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds when lifting gallons of oil, boxes of labels, pallets, glue buckets and other essential materials as required in the packaging line process.
- Manipulate products on pallets, using force of up to 30 pounds.
- Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground level.
- Work effectively atop elevated workspaces up to 20 feet above ground level.
- Reach overhead to access buckets, labels, and boxes.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access packaging lines.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing and production environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.