The Overnight Direct Support Professional reports directly to the residential manager and must maintain positive, professional relationships with individuals served, families/guardians, peers, community partners and government agencies.
Click here for a video to get a glimpse into a day in the life of working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Position Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday (11pm-9am)
Overnight DSP Essential Functions:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Physical demands include: Frequent standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, lifting and twisting.
- Ability to perform physical restraint if necessary.
- Ability to transfer, change, shower assist with toileting and all personal care needs of the individuals supported.
- Frequent driving of facility motor vehicles and vans.
- Provide light to medium maintenance/domestic functions associated with residential programs including but not limited to: shoveling snow, cleaning, laundry, cooking, and grounds keeping.
- Functional and situational reasoning to follow policy, problem solve, exercise sound judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and crisis manage.
- Cross functional communication skills, written and oral, which convey clear and concise information in a professional and respectful manner to individuals supported, family members/guardians, peers, government agencies, community partners and all employees throughout the organization.
Overnight DSP Additional Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Residential managers and Sr. Direct Support Professional in delivering service standards of excellence and ensure operational compliance within assigned program in accordance with federal, state and agency regulations.
- Oversee and monitor administration of medications as appropriate.
- Conducts medication checks, ordering medication and creating new med sheets.
- Completes overnight assignments including bed checks, nutritional meal planning, monitoring and maintaining inventory of household products, and assisting with transportation service.
- Follows defined end of shift check-list to ensure security of program site.
- Implement Individual Support Plans for individuals based on assessments, objectives and goals.
- Timely and accurate coding for services into electronic medical records system for billing purposes.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings as assigned and required. Maintains all required certifications.
- Conducts oneself professionally, maintaining respect, following regulations and agency policies and adhering to confidentiality requirements in all assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Overnight DSP Qualifications:
- A Valid driver’s license is required
- Acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
- High school diploma or GED is required, experience in relevant field preferred.
- Must maintain and provide proof of minimum levels of auto insurance coverage as specified by The Arc of Opportunity.
For full time employees The Arc offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental insurance, Wellness Program, Life Insurance.
- 401K Retirement with company match.
- Generous paid time off program including 12 paid holidays and vacation time.
- Company paid continuing education programs.
- Tuition assistance and ongoing professional training.
The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.
Key words: Overnight, physical disabilities, mental disabilities, support, mental health