Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
- Supervise production operations for assigned departments / facility; guide supervisors and monitor quality and timeliness of production operations to ensure compliance with company procedures and policies and to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Develop appropriate metrics to track and improve packaging and equipment performance.
- Assist supervisors in study of production orders to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, and other packaging requirements.
- Ensure equipment is kept in proper working condition.
- Assign new work and projects to team members consistent with company and department goals and capabilities.
- Analyze production schedules and estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establish and adjust work assignments to meet production schedules.
- Interpret company policies for team members and enforce all safety, environmental, and agency regulations.
- Assist supervisors and associates in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Work with associates at all levels of the company and across departments to resolve work requests, improve processes, and ensure good customer service.
- Manage physical and system inventory.
- Use independent judgment to assign team member work duties to meet operational requirements. Make sure that team members and co-workers have the information and training needed to perform their job duties.
- Supervise team members in a manner that enables growth and success through feedback, training, and encouragement. Establish performance expectations for team members and provide regular feedback and performance reviews to ensure that team members understand how their job duties support the company’s mission and have the right tools/resources to do their jobs well.
- Investigate performance concerns and implement disciplinary action, up to and including termination, as needed and in compliance with company procedures and with consultation with the human resources department.
- Work with human resources department to manage hiring process for direct reports; interview and select candidates for hire in compliance with company processes.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency. Establish and document standard operating procedures and ensure the team is adhering to them. Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead team in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards. Use independent judgment to ensure that team members follow company policy and maintain a safe work environment by encouraging safe practices and promptly resolving violations, including initiating rewards and discipline as needed.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested. An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Lead and inspire team members; must be able to relate to and build team working relationships
- Operate a computer and demonstrate PC proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Efficiently perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Be professional in all interactions and dealings with co-workers, internal/external customers and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, engineering or related field and 4 years of increasingly responsible production experience (such as a plant supervisor, department manager, or other management/supervisory position including manufacturing and quality responsibilities), or a satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Significant combined experience in manufacturing, maintenance and project management, preferred.
- This is a desk-based job and will require the individual to remain seated for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
- The individual will work primarily in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
- While working with team members at manufacturing and distribution facilities, the individual may be exposed to moving machinery, work in high/precarious places, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.