POSITION: Manufacturing Associate V
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Work hands-on with manufacturing associates to train and ensure product compliance. Coordinate all cell activities. Perform Production Reporting duties as required. Work with Technicians to verify machines and or equipment are making product compliant to the inspection plan. Responsible for upholding cleanliness in all areas of assigned work cell on a daily basis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate work centers and assembly stations as assigned on the production floor.
- Set up equipment (IE: Tables, fixtures, etc.) to meet daily production needs.
- Perform a variety of functions within IQMS and other production oriented platforms.
- Maintain clean and tidy standards for all assigned work areas.
- Regular Attendance and professionalism.
- Perform 6S and Lean activities as assigned.
- Review procedures and work instructions looking for and recommending updates that would improve process flow or efficiencies.
- Assist in new project setups and process flows in tandem with engineering as requested. ● Train to and operate any secondary automation equipment.
- Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving
- Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently identify defects on all jobs.
- Oversee production and training within assigned cell.
- Must be able to learn and understand ‘Lock Out Tag Out’ procedure as an affected employee.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Perform inspection of product produced in the work cell.
- Pack parts, weigh parts, make labels, ensure parts are packed properly.
- Ensure line clearances are completed including documentation, labels, parts, etc.
- Support Production Leads with work order changes.
- Ensures all paperwork and labels are accurate with physical counts.
- Elevate to Production Leads/Supervisor issues concerning part quality and paperwork compliance.
- Monitor performance outputs to ensure standards are being met.
- Maintain efficiency, housekeeping, and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated abilities in prioritization, multi-tasking, and problem solving while maintaining strong attention to detail and willingness to collaborate in a team setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- The ability to follow written work instructions and to speak, read and comprehend English.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in manufacturing operations
- Self Motivated
- Mechanical Aptitude Required
- Experience in a leadership position preferred.
- Good communication, computer and math skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Bend, squat, climb, grasp, reach, lift or otherwise move frequently for extended periods.
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer up to 50 lbs. frequently, or more occasionally
- Walk, stand or otherwise move about continuously
- Exposure to machine shop physical hazards including chemicals which may require respiratory protection
EQUIPMENT USED: Production and automation equipment, computer, printer, telephone, calculator, and copier.
CONTACTS: Customers, All SMC employees, vendor sales representatives, contractors.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position does not supervise employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.