POSITION: Production Lead
DEPARTMENT: Assembly / Molding
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Provide hands-on leadership for all molding room floor personnel in support of safety, compliance, productivity, quality standards and company policy. Monitor/adjust work of shift employees to schedule demands. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions and equipment. Responsible to uphold cleanliness standards.
- Support sustaining (Set-In-Order) standards for general work areas of the molding operation.
- Provide and maintain skill set necessary to properly operate, inspect and package product on the molding room floor.
- Drive expectations (Set-In-Order) “clean and tidy” standards, for all work areas.
- Set up Assembly, Packaging, and Test equipment, per validated processes, to produce medical devices or sub-assemblies. Work with Quality Technician for start-up approval of production lines.
- Monitor and provide ongoing feedback regarding the daily performance of shift employees and help to ensure product conformance to customer specifications and scheduled delivery dates, while helping to monitor the quality, production, scrap, safety, cost and customer service for the shift.
- Perform initial and refresher training for temporary and full time employees to proper work methods per specifications and standard work instructions (SWI’s).
- Adhere to clean room processes and procedures.
- Regular attendance and professionalism.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Set up, troubleshoot and assist in resolving process/equipment problems. Monitor processes, policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, and cost) and cost effectiveness.
- Work closely with customer service, quality, scheduling and various other departments to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications and delivery times.
- Post daily production, daily scrap, and monitor inventory of product used.
- Maintain lot traceability and perform line clearance and reconciliation, as required.
- Investigate and resolve production material variances.
- Perform Corrective and Preventative Action duties (CAPA), Continuous Improvement and 6S Lean activities as assigned.
- Where errors exist, revise/write standard work instructions for review, approval and submission to document control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated abilities in prioritization, multi-tasking, problem solving while maintaining strong attention to detail and willingness to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, comprehensive and troubleshooting skills are necessary.
- Able to skillfully navigate obstacles to generate positive outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; be a team player; and have the ability to develop a team atmosphere. Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to understand and practice company and customer quality requirements.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of various assembly methods and secondary operations equipment. Knowledge of equipment setup, operating techniques, and troubleshooting.
- The ability to visualize and help design/develop tools, fixtures, processes to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Working knowledge of ISO, FDA, GMP, and OSHA standards.
- Technical background desirable.
- Competent in the use of computers, basic Microsoft Office Suite, bar code readers, with the ability to access and enter data as necessary.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Talking, and Hearing.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes; operate heavy equipment. Must be able to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations and recommendations of facilities or structures in need of repair.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
EQUIPMENT USED: This position utilizes computers, printers, scanners, telephone, calculator, fax machine and other general office equipment, as well as all production equipment.
CONTACTS: All SMC employees.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position is responsible for directing employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.