POSITION: Shift Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manufacturing Manager
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Responsible for supervising all activities on the molding room floor including machine start-ups and shift disposition.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise, direct and oversee all activities of machine operators, service people, material handlers, and packers as well as temporary staffing.
• Follow and review production schedule daily and make appropriate changes according to the priority lists.
• Complete Supervisor’s log and report into the ERP system every shift and communicate any problems to the appropriate person.
• Regular attendance and professionalism.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
• Act as a focal point for all activities of the Molding Department including interaction with other departments.
• Maintain high level of housekeeping on molding room floor, in packing room, material area, grinding room and all other related areas.
• Responsible for team growth identification and development.
• Track and address employee attendance and performance.
• Conform to ISO and cGMP Standards and all applicable procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following all company safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper communication of company policies such as safety, breaks, clean room protocol, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Plastic Injection Molding Supervisor.
• Should have understanding of the Manufacturing process.
• Experience in leading Kaizen, 6-S, and other LEAN activities.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
• The ability to work independently and to be a self-starter is essential.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
• The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
• Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Talking, and Hearing.
• Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment and to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, hazards and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, manufacturing equipment and machines, machine tools, and fax machine.
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position supervises employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.