Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Catania Oils is a fourth-generation family owed manufacturer of plant based cooking oil. As an industry leader with a notable national presence, Catania Oils is proud to be one of the largest manufacturers in Ayer and is the largest manufacturer of plant-based oils in the Northeast. The Company has enjoyed being part of the Ayer community for more than 26 years. Our expanding sales and facility has created the need for a Manufacturing Production Planner.
This person is responsible for development of the detailed production schedule for Catania Oils GMP operations, and integration of other supporting operations that impact production operations, equipment or facilities, into the master production schedule.
The Production Planner creates and maintains a valid master schedule for the factory by effectively balancing supply and demand and completing in-depth capacity and inventory analysis. The Production Planner prepares, and issues production schedules and material requirements based on data from our integrated computer software programs to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet customer and production requirements. This position reports through the Manufacturing organization and is responsible for short and long-range planning.
Responsible for the development and continual analysis of an executable master schedule for a business unit based on in-depth review of complex supply, demand, capacity, and inventory information
- Recognizes out-of-balance conditions and identifies alternatives and recommended actions for recovery.
- Negotiates changes to requested dates with internal customers to ensure customer program, development and qualification schedules are met
- Develops working knowledge of products and processes to ensure optimal master schedule stability, order creation, reschedule and level loading of work
- Collaborates with operations planner for generating ERP process orders
- Tracks and communicates the status of work-in-progress, material availability, pending material expiration dates and schedule changes
- Monitors and verifies inventory balances to execute the detailed schedule
- Develops Key Performance Indicators for Production
- Creates plant daily schedules and document process sequences, cycle times and conflicts
- Creates manufacturing schedule communication tools (i.e. communication boards, scheduling web site, etc.)
- Analyzes inventory usage, scrap and yield and coordinates any appropriate action
- Understanding of SIOP, Inventory Management, MRP, MPS, Procurement, Logistics, and Manufacturing
- Participates/leads Dispatch/Production status meetings and schedule recovery planning
- Knowledge of advanced planning tools a strong plus
- APICS or CPIM Certification or knowledge
- ERP/MRP system experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to influence up, down and across the organization
- Process oriented with a track record of getting results
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years of experience
- Prior Supply Chain or Production Management experience.
- Knowledge of MRP - Material's Requirement Planning concepts
- Basic understanding of planning and scheduling systems in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a GMP manufacturing facility
- Ability to reconcile inventory discrepancies, establish planning parameters
- Ability to develop and produce monthly metrics for site planning group
- Highly organized individual
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
Thank you for considering this opportunity with our organization. We are excited about the possibility of working with a talented and dedicated professional like yourself. If you believe you are a good fit for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications and potentially inviting you for an interview. Thank you again for your interest in our company.