Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
TITLE: Maintenance Associate
HOURS: Variable Hour 20-24 hours per week Fri-Sun 11am-7pm
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
COMPENSATION: $20-$23 Per hour, depending on experience.
EXPERIENCE: facility maintenance experience preferred but not necessary.
Contribute to the overall success of The Groton Inn by maintaining the facilities and systems of all buildings on the campus under the supervision of the Facilities Manager. Be an integral part of the team at The Groton Inn. Perform all maintenance tasks in a professional and timely manner to minimize the visibility of any defect to the guests, and to ensure their confidence in the business and the comfort of their stay. Landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills are a plus.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Ensure the maintenance of clean, properly functioning facilities, without defect or damage, while overseeing the proper care and general repair of all buildings and systems promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicate any maintenance or operational issues clearly and concisely with the Facilities Manager and other managers.
- Follow Maintenance Work Order routine.
- Keep a daily log of all maintenance activities.
- Move furniture for different types of events.
- Walk property consistently to ensure building security and ensure proper systems are functioning property.
- Maintain standards of safety as required by OSHA.
- Participate in executing the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- During winter, maintain clear walkways with use snowblower/ shovel.
- Ensure proper maintenance of waste and recycling.
- Ensure the proper care and use of all maintenance tools and equipment including but not limited to leaf blowers, lawn mowers, snow blower, outdoor furniture, and all equipment and that they are supported with a comprehensive maintenance program.
- Ensure clean and safe working conditions in Maintenance.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
· Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Must have positive work ethic, willing to interface with the guests to achieve in creating a positive guest experience.
· Must be a strong team player and work for the greater good of The Groton Inn
· Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting and repetitive motions.
· Occasional stair climbing and ability to work on a hilly property.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for 8 hours at a time.
· Protect the assets of this property and the Hotel Group.
· Work in extreme temperatures and damp conditions, both indoors and out.
· Schedule varies according to operational needs; will include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Frequent handwashing.
· Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts, injuries from power tools, strains from improper lifting, burns, slips, tripping, and exposure to chemicals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.