Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Machine Operators serve our internal and external customers by ensuring that production machines are set up and operated according to established company standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Operate all assigned equipment safely and efficiently. Responsible for startup, operation, change over, shut down, and preventative maintenance of designed production equipment. Position assignment may include, but not limited to, operating production line equipment, forklifts or other power equipment. Change over production equipment from one can size to another.
• Perform manual tasks as assigned. Assignment may include, but not limited to, loading cap hoppers, supplying other production line items, reworking product as necessary, loading conveyors with bottles, crates, and/or coolers.
•Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, EPIC standards); wears all required personal protective equipment.
•Communicates with co-workers and supervisor verbally regarding the status of work activities (e.g. any issues with equipment, product quality and production process) and other information; communicates with supervisor regarding questions or issues with daily assignments.
•Maintains cleanliness of work area (e.g. cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash and recycling materials into proper containers).
•Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year work experience in an industrial, utility, construction, or maintenance service environment preferred. Previous sanitation experience in a food/beverage or related environment is highly desirable.
- Fork Lift experience and/or certification a plus.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season