Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Catania Oils is seeking a third shift (11:00 PM to 7:30 AM) machine operator for our Ayer, MA plant. This position has overall responsibility of the proper operation of machine equipment while achieving company operations equipment effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Ability to read work orders and order appropriate supplies based on lot number and location.
2. Communicates with forklift drivers to bring supplies to line
3. Verifies that supplies are correct (i.e. caps, bottles, cases, labels, etc.).
4. Verifies the desired rate is being run for each bottle size.
5. Stays abreast of current overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and actively participates in effectiveness of production line.
6. Ability to run and change over each unit of operation effective:
d. Case Packer
e. Bottle Supply
g. Rail Set-Up
7. Ability to use Operator Interface including choosing appropriate subject for downtime.
8. Maintains accurate paperwork in a timely manner.
9. Performs and documents regular quality checks.
10. Keeps area safe and clean throughout the shift, clean as you go
11. Trains new employees when required
12. Adheres to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
13. All other duties assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- One year of manufacturing experience, food related a plus
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills a must
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multitask
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, and GMP’s in a food manufacturing environment a plus
- May require bending or lifting.
- Lifting up to 60lbs.
Hours: 11:00 PM to 7:30 PM
We are an equal opportunity employer