Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Lifeguard - Part Time - $14/hrApply Now Job ID LIFEG12285Date posted 05/23/2021Location Fitchburg, MassachusettsJob Type Part Time
A Great Wolf, Lifeguard is one of the most important positions in the lodge, as they are vital to ensuring the safety of our guests, their families, and anyone that visits our waterpark attractions. No matter the situation, Great Wolf lifeguards are trained to respond and ensure all guests enjoy a safe and fun environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and provides surveillance of swimmers and guests during park hours, special events, and training sessions
- Responds to emergency situations in assigned zone
- Assists in communicating emergency situations outside of assigned zone
- Administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary
- Enforces the rules and regulations of the waterpark
- Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions
- Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner
- Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of waterpark to ensure neat and orderly appearance
- Performing within Ellis Certification standards
Required Qualifications & Skills
- No experience required, training provided
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability and willingness to achieve Certification in First Aid, CPR and Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands to include some weekend and holiday availability
- Successful completions of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Good oral communication skills
- Prior First Aid, CPR, AED experience
- Prior lifeguard training and/or experience
- Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick from the bottom of pool
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Capable of prolonged exposure to hot and humid environments
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
- Minimum of 20/25 corrected or uncorrected vision and no permanent eye abnormalities