Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
House Attendant - Full Time - $14.50/hrApply Now Job ID HOUSE12288Date posted 05/23/2021Location Fitchburg, MassachusettsJob Type Full Time
The House Attendant uses organization and communication skills to support your Colleagues in creating guest rooms that are well equipped and welcoming -- and that make our guests feel value. The Attendant is responsible for assisting the housekeeping staff in cleaning of guest rooms, laundry functions and ensuring overall patron satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses quantities of stock in storeroom upon arrival and restocks inventory if necessary
- Assists Room Attendant including removing linens and trash
- Assists with cleaning guest rooms and making beds as needed
- Transports dirty linen from departed rooms to laundry department
- Transports clean bath and bed linen from laundry to storerooms
- Keeps storerooms clean, free of trash, and organized at all times
- Delivers irons, ironing boards, roll away beds, cribs, etc. to guest room upon request
- Operates trash compactor and cardboard baler
- Picks up and returns to storage any previously used guest requests found in rooms or hallways
- Communicates with Management for any special requests or duties
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- Prior experience with the handling of cleaning chemicals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous housekeeping or general cleaning experience
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis and walk frequently
- Able to work with chemicals according to directions