Job Fair Calendar
Click HERE for a listing of on-site job fairs at member businesses throughout the region.
Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual to join our team and help us with PM shifts! Working in Guest Services is a challenging yet fun opportunity to learn and develop excellent guest/customer service skills. Guest Services Associates are empowered to use their problem-solving skills to ensure positive guest experiences. Guest Services Associates work closely with all other departments including Housekeeping, Sales, Maintenance, and Food & Beverage to also ensure positive guest experiences. No day is the same in Guest Services which keeps the days fresh and exciting! Developing rapport with guests and knowing they are happy when they depart the Inn is fulfilling and rewarding.
Location: The Groton Inn, Groton, MA
Hours: Part-time available, weekday evenings and weekends shifts typically 3pm to 11pm
Compensation: $16 to $18 per hour, depending on experience
Start date: ASAP.
Experience: Previous front desk experience preferred
Guest Services Associates are responsible for processing all guest arrivals and departures, handling all guest requests and complaints, answering phones and directing phone calls, completing all reservations from all booking channels, maintaining guest folios and our VIP Business Traveler program, shipping Lost & Found items, selling retail items, and maintaining a clean and tidy lobby and surrounding public areas. During their shifts, Guest Services Associates will follow a comprehensive checklist to ensure all daily tasks are complete. Guest Services Associates must be able to effectively communicate with guests as well as other employees to ensure that all guest experiences are excellent and in accordance with company standards. Creating, building, and maintaining positive guest rapport is vital to creating positive guest experiences.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance in accordance with property standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Register and orient arriving guests according to property standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the property, its programs, amenities and experiences.
- Have a working knowledge of properties phone and other communication systems. Answer telephone calls with a pleasant demeanor according to property etiquette, listening carefully to caller’s requests, and clearly taking, dating, distributing or filing notes as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of your role in the property's reservations process.
- Serve as concierge, sharing knowledge of the area surrounding your property suggesting activities and recreation, dining options, and assisting with ground transportation and local driving directions.
- Continually build rapport with property guests. Engage guests in conversation at the desk and when you encounter them around the property. Actively listen to and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests. Anticipate guest service needs. Proactively approach guests needing service or assistance.
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) in a professional and courteous manner, maintaining composure under pressure, allowing guests to speak first and then providing solutions to their issues or concerns. Follow through to ensure guest satisfaction with the resolution. Know who to call upon if you cannot solve a guest’s problem.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that guest’s needs are continually met. Maintain an efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments. Record any special guest needs reported, making notes for future visits according to property specifications.
- Maintain accurate guest accounts and folios, house banks, deposits, petty cash and cash drawers according to property specifications. Understand cash reporting requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about how to post to and maintain guest folios according to property specifications. Must have computer skills sufficient to meet property system needs which may include Microsoft Word, Xcel, database operations, point of sale and property management systems.
- Process guest check-outs and collect and process payments with efficiency. Be able to explain everything on a guest folio and be able to make corrections as needed.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and bid them a fond farewell at departure.
- Be responsible for security of any room or supply closet keys, as well as for respecting the confidential nature of some front desk correspondence, transactions, and activities.
- Be knowledgeable of property specific safety and security procedures.
- Deliver messages, faxes, packages to guests in a timely manner.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to ensure that the appearance of front desk and lobby areas is according to property specifications.
- Label all lost and found items according to property procedures.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- May be vertically mobile for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal and written directions, as well as workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines and stressful situations.