Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Forklift Operator needed for second shift (3:00 PM to 11:30 PM)
Position has overall responsibility for all material handling and trailer loading/unloading at Catania Spagna.
1. Production: bringing raw materials to and from the lines, de-palletizing production lines, scanning product away from production lines into
2. Warehouse/Shipping: loading and unloading of trailers, stock rotation, warehouse moves, general material handling
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Reliable and consistent attendance record
2. Safely operate a forklift in a food-grade manufacturing facility with respect for SOPs, GMPs and company property in the following ways:
a. Certified forklift operator
b. Perform morning walk-around inspection of forklift and fill out and turn in daily inspection report
c. Daily battery maintenance/watering
d. Weekly cleaning of forklift(s)
e. Accurately picking, staging and loading orders as instructed by E21
f. Actively and aggressively pursue and be accountable for personal contribution to achieve the Warehousing goal of 600 pallet shipped per day between both warehouses.
g. Organize a production schedule to construct a plan for product placement in warehouse
h. Move product in warehouse to create necessary room using RF scanners
i. Following proper stock rotation in both picking orders and when performing moves in warehouse - FIFO
j. Supply production lines with raw materials as requested by work-orders and/or production personnel
k. Unload inbound trucks of raw materials and verify, with shipper, quantities that are being put away
l. De-palletize production lines in a timely manner and accurately put away materials from production lines using handled RF scanners
m. When servicing production: Minimize line downtime on designated line in order to achieve OEE goal by making timely pickups, maintain acceptable level of overall OEE downtime as a result of forklift downtime
n. When completed with all tasks, actively assist other warehouse personnel complete their tasks
3. Handle and stack product up to 50 pounds
4. Conduct product rework as needed
5. Periodically allocate, process, and sign for incoming paperwork and outbound orders in E21
6. Be present to assist and participate in mandatory physical inventory as needed
7. Verify and process transfer-trailer paperwork when necessary
8. Be available for periodic overtime or weekend work as needed
9. Consistently do your part to maintain a neat, clean, and organized warehouse
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Speaks English fluently
- Forklift and Pallet Jack certification
- Minimum of 1 year in warehousing or logistics
Experience with ERP system and RF Scanners is a plus
- Lifting or stacking cases up to 50 pounds
- Sitting for Long periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity