POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: To perform technical and mechanical functions as directed by the Facilities Manager for the purpose of operating the properties in a manner consistent with maximum efficiency, cost effectiveness serving all SMC East facilities. Perform all necessary building design, mechanical maintenance and operational procedures to assure maximum efficiency. Act as lead in managing projects that could include outside venders and associates.
Key Accountabilities / Essential Functions
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with management team, vendors, associates and visitors.
- Maintenance of Commercial HVAC, basic plumbing, maintenance of Electrical systems
- Basic carpentry, build out design using Auto CAD/Solid Works
- Plan, layout, installation of a wide array of facility and production equipment and perform tear down and setup of office space cubicles
- Maintenance and repair of central drying systems, clean room pm and install of drop ceilings and HEPA systems
- Regular attendance is required to successfully perform the functions of this position.
Other Position Duties:
- Clean room monitoring
- Pest control monitoring
- Storm emergence response and clean up
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations
- Perform other duties as required.
- Certificate from two year collage or technical school or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mechanical ability
- Must have a valid driver's license, and the ability to provide a good driving record
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling and standing. : Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general labor, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, or gases.
EQUIPMENT USED: This position requires the use of standard facilities maintenance equipment.
CONTACTS: All SMC employees.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position is not responsible for the supervision of others.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.