Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
We are searching for an experienced Buyer to join our team. Under the direction of the Senior Supply Chain Manager, this person will be responsible for procurement of goods and services such as raw materials, office supplies, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, with an emphasis on cost containment by performing the following responsibilities.
1. Purchase materials using production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels. Gathers quotes, examines bids and awards contracts.
2. Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials.
3. Develops specifications for new contract orders
4. Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
5. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value
6. Interface with various departments to establish viability of requested materials
7. Reviews requisitions. Utilizes E21 Inventory system to establish/monitor inventory levels.
8. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
9. Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
10. Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
11. Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
12. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
13. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
14. Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
15. Expedites delivery of goods to users
16. Establishes best practices for procurement of goods.
Other job responsibilities in the score of current position may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance, Supply Chain
- 3+ years of relevant manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent math aptitude and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills, word, excel, outlook, ERP
- APICS, CPIM and or CSCP certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer