The Electro Mechanic position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, and manufacturer’s preventive maintenance recommendations to ensure maximum capability to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This is an Ayer, MA based position.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment and facilities, and aid in the manufacturing of all company products in a safe and sanitary work environment according to OSHA guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform emergency repairs in breakdown situations.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment as scheduled
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
- Create, edit and revise Mechanical Maintenance SOPs.
- Order, organize, document, and maintain parts inventory.
- Write simple correspondence, and complete manufacturing documentation completely.
- Report food safety problems to Supervisor or Department Head to initiate action.
- Maintain food safety and food quality by completing job tasks and maintaining work area in a sanitary manner.
- Safely maintain and repair all plant equipment.
- Able to possess and maintain a valid forklift license issued by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent; technical school or college degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience working with PLC, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems required.
- 3+ years Industrial corrective and preventive maintenance experience required.
- 3+ years corrective and preventive maintenance experience in a food/beverage manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience with Tetra Pak Filling Equipment a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills to ensure all preventive maintenance is performed per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Working knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems preferred.
- Knowledge of lower power boiler function and operation a plus. ability to pass “special” licensing exam for boiler operation preferred.
- Commercial or Master Electrician License a plus.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Ability to repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies.
- Ability to test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments.
- Ability to install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Ability to perform TIG welding
- Ability to disassemble and assemble all parts of machines and support equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met.
- Ability to pass company sponsored training and “special” licensing exam for boiler operation.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and adjust priorities as required.
- Ability to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, or overtime hours as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral communications.
- Ability to be reliable, dependable, punctual, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization and in alignment with the company’s goals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, climb.
- Ability to think analytically and to assist with new initiatives and process improvements to enhance Company mission and values.
- Ability to successfully function and accurately manage workflow during high volume and critical situations.
- Ability to identify potential risks and take proactive steps to prepare for critical situations.
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Vets/Disabled, committed to a diverse workforce. If you need assistance with completion of an application for employment, please contact Human Resources Department at 978-862-1980.