Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Title: Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Mechanic
|Job Type: T F/T o P/T||Position Level: Mechanic|
|Department: Maintenance||Reports to: Facilities Manager|
|Division: PEPSI-EPIC||Date Created: 4/27/20|
POSITION SUMMARY: This position has responsibilities to maintain troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and electromechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters such as electrical controls fluid power mechanical systems welding fabrication and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair and provide technical support for all phases of the operation.
- Functions at a high level of mechanical knowledge. Ability to comprehend and repair most equipment failures.
- Assists with pm's lubrication, inspection, greases bearings oil chains, changes filters on equipment, light pm's per instruction from a Maintenance II employee or Supervisor.
- Fabricates, assemble and installs components of equipment as needed.
- Orders parts for responsible equipment and writes work order when repair is needed.
- Performs electrical trouble shooting for motor control.
- Changes out like- to -like electrical components, read and trouble shoot electrical prints and ladder logic.
- Follows safety guidelines.
- Trade school certification or diploma in either HVAC or electrical.
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training in an industrial mechanical maintenance or food manufacturing environment; preferred.
- Electrical Mechanical experience.
- Programing experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- In depth knowledge of electricity, and/or HVAC mechanics.
- Able to read and work from blueprints.
- In depth knowledge of machine shop tools.
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures.
- High enough level of knowledge to judge how far to take repair.
- Able to make the machine run until the part arrives. Able to ask for assistance when necessary.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to make quick decisions during times of stress.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. Employee is required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
- The employee must be able to work 8-hour shifts.
- Moderate lifting of up to 100lbs. (often overhead).
- The employees must be able to lift fifty (50)- seventy- five (75) pounds.
- The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
- The employee must be able to work in a cold and hot environment.
- Ability to perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing and extending arms.
- Frequent crouching and climbing is required.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to climb steps on a frequent basis.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Clean, sometime wet floors, etc.