Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Summary: Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of students to and from various destinations and to assists students/employees on entry and exit from vehicle as necessary. Provides support as directed in the property department.
- Safely transport students/employees to designated locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Maintains driver’s logs and completes pre-trip inspections.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and ensures all passengers wear seat belt.
- Maintains a variety of records, such as time at each stop, purpose to trip, and number of passengers on each trip, mileage and vehicle maintenance.
- Exercise independent judgment when handling unusual situations arising with passengers.
- Reports passenger incidents and accidents immediately to supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of vehicles. Washes vehicles and cleans interior. Takes vehicles to garage for maintenance and repair.
- Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicles and other courtesies.
- Performs periodic vehicle safety checks.
- Provides transportation service as directed.
- Prepares written accident reports and other reports as required.
- Receives and counts stock items, and records data manually or using property management system.
- Assists in conducing on-site property audits and reviews, including annual certifications.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools and equipment and storage area.
- Answers and screens incoming call to the property office.
- Maintain accurate records for all property and warehouse inventory.
- Receives all property in within three days into the property accountability system.
- Follows the CDSS/CSS/BMS plans and procedures daily.
- Adheres to required property controls policies and procedures.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Models, Mentors and Monitors all career Success Standards.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Above average public speaking skills and experience in same; above average verbal and written skills; above average problem solving and conflict resolution skills. computer literacy; must be able to work any shift and day of the week; ability to obtain a commercial drivers’ license and ability to travel periodically. Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of vehicle. Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
Experience: Must have a driving record in good standing.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid State Driver’s License and CDL
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy and related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, or past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the U.S., or any other legally protected status.