- $10,000.00 Stay on bonus
- Overtime Eligible
- $200.00 annual boot allowance
- Earn quarterly safety bonus up to $1,200.00
- Paid training
- Stable industry, year round employment
- Weekly pay!
E.L. Harvey & Sons has immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to join our GROWING team at our site in Westborough, MA.
As a key member of our automotive maintenance technicians team, your work as a Diesel Mechanic will focus on the overall maintenance of equipment used by our company in the transportation and handling of vehicles. This will involve, inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
Why Join Us?
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
CULTURE It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiating or assigning repairs by utilizing vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviewing, completing, or assigning repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field
- Schedule flexibility to work 2nd shift Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.