About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a vibrant public university located in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England and home to 38,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and universities. Situated on a compact 58-acre campus, the University offers 50 undergraduate and graduate academic programs to more than 6,400 students annually. The Princeton Review ranks us as one of the 75 "Best Value" public colleges in the country, as well as a "Best in the Northeast" college.
TITLE: Dance Team Coach
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Involvement & Leadership Development
SUPERVISOR: Kristie McNamara, Director of Student Involvement & Leadership Development
SCHEDULE: Multiple weekly practices; attend scheduled competitions and events
General Statement of Duties: The Dance Team Coach is responsible for organizing and directing all aspects of the Dance Team program in conjunction with the Dance Team officers. The coach is cognizant of, and responsible for, adhering to all rules, regulations, and policies put in place by Worcester State University, the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development, and those organizations with which the college club sport programs are affiliated.
- Will teach and develop sport-specific skills in a successful, safe, and prudent manner.
- Will choreograph routines for all Dance Team competitions.
- Will attend each practice and/or meeting, as well as competitions.
- Will work in conjunction with the Dance Team officers to uphold the policies put in place by the Dance Team Club Sport Agreement and the Dance Team Club Sport Charter.
- Will work in conjunction with the Dance Team officers to schedule competitions, including completing necessary trip paperwork with the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development and coordinating all aspects of travel logistics.
- Insure that all student athletes have completed physicals with WSU.
- Supervise all students participating in the program and other personnel associated with the program.
- Maintain communication with the Dance Team officers, club advisor, and Student Involvement and Leadership Development staff.
- Mandatory reporting of injuries to Student Involvement and Leadership Development staff.
- Shall adhere to all Club Sport policies put in place by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development.
- Shall adhere to all rules of Worcester State University.
- Shall adhere to weekly hours schedule established by Office of Student Involvement and Leadership Development.
- Previous experience coaching dance at the intercollegiate, high school, or comparable level.
- Knowledge of current techniques of coaching, rules and regulations of the sport, and a familiarity with NCAA standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work effectively in a diverse community of college student athletes.
- Knowledge of UDA, or similar, competition requirements, rules, regulations, and expectations preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of a club sport structure and an ability to work in a collaborative manner with elected student officers.
- The Coach cannot be a current member of the team.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.
Schedule: Multiple weekly practices; attend scheduled competitions and events
Hourly Rate: $17.11 per hour
This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position.
Applicants must apply online at worcester.interviewexchange.com. A representative from the department will contact individuals for interviews.