Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
Job Summary: Assists the cooks and Food Services Supervisor in preparing, serving, and sanitation of the dining facility, equipment, and surfaces.
- Responsible for the set up and breakdown of serving line.
- Responsible to help keep the dining and kitchen area clean and organized.
- Notify staff of items that need to be replenished and restocked.
- Responsible for helping to rotate perishable items at the end of the shift, to help ensure fresh product.
- Responsible for serving students, staff, and guests in a pleasant, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Responsible for assisting with dishes when necessary.
- Responsible for the changing and emptying of trash receptacles.
- Responsible for coming to work neat and clean and in proper attire.
- Be familiar with the communication system in the event of an emergency.
- Responsible for assisting with some programming and activity events when required.
- Assists workers engaged in preparing foods by performing any combination of duties to include washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans, cuts, and grinds meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Dips food items in crumbs, flour, and batter to bread them.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces. Weighs or measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator.
- Stores foods in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage.
- Clean kitchen and commons area(s), equipment and utensils, segregates and removes garbage, and steam-cleans or hoses garbage containers.
- Distributes supplies, utensils, and portable equipment, using hand truck.
- Assists in inventory of expendable and non-expendable supplies and materials.
- Operate kitchen equipment including dishwasher, slicer, mixer, etc.
- Know and follow all safety and sanitary rules and regulations related to food handling.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate career success skills.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the individual’s scope and capabilities.
Qualification: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in food service strongly preferred. NRA Food Service Sanitation or equivalent/Serve Safe.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: NRA Food Service Sanitation or equivalent and ServeSafe Certification..
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and walk; to reach with hands and arms and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy and related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, or past, present, or future service in the Uniformed Services of the U.S., or any other legally protected status.