Location: Ayer, MA Department: Clinical Affairs
The Clinical Specialist will promote, educate, and develop tools to drive growth in GI & Severe Allergy categories. The Clinical Specialist will educate and drive process improvement to enhance the healthcare professional’s practice resulting in positive patient outcomes in the areas of medical nutrition therapy. The incumbent will work directly with healthcare providers and must be able to develop and build relationships with industry thought leaders and healthcare providers. This position is home-based and focused on the Mid-West to the West Coast markets, but flexible to support all North America efforts.
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop Cambrooke as the preferred ‘go to’ GI/Allergy-company for medical foods to manage patients with severe protein allergy and digestive disorders in half the centers in North America.
- Gain first choice/adoption of Essential Care Jr. and EquaCare Jr. medical foods through medical support and positioning.
- Develop strong relationships with targeted health care professionals in GI/Allergy clinics in the assigned Territory such that Cambrooke becomes the trusted partner for patient care and the easiest company with whom these health care professionals work (versus our direct competitors).
- Through education, collaboration and influence, encourage patient sampling of Cambrooke’s medical food formulas and specialty food products. Follow up with health care providers and patients to convert from sample trial to loyal customer.
- In collaboration with the Medical Nutrition Director, set, monitor and optimize call plans and other field activities.
- Effectively communicates complex medical and scientific information with accuracy to our sales and marketing teams.
- Provide clinical advice concerning treatment protocols, effective product usage and product research.
- Promote and coordinate case studies and potential published reports to include use of Cambrooke’s medical foods.
- Support sales in providing responses to clinical questions and issues with GI/Allergy as well as other products in Cambrooke’s medical nutrition portfolio including ketogenic and metabolic medical foods.
- Develop and implement clinical education and training presentations in support of sales.
- Maintain a high level of industry and product knowledge in GI/Allergy nutrition to identify changes in clinical standards and competitive issues.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in the application of medical foods in managing both tube-fed and orally-fed patients with severe protein allergy and GI disorders.
- Portray outstanding customer satisfaction by performing with honesty and integrity instituting a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Promote an environment emphasizing teamwork, empowerment, and problem resolution with a consultative approach.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition/dietetics field preferred.
- Current RD licensure required.
- 2+ years of experience as a GI/Allergy dietitian. Metabolic and ketogenic diet therapy not required but a plus.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills, with a great ability to teach relevant medical nutrition topics to the internal sales team as well as other HCPs as appropriate in small group and large conference settings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite helpful.
Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer-Vets/Disabled, committed to a diverse workforce. If you need assistance with completion of an application for employment, please contact Human Resources Department at 978-862-1980.