Members of the Nashoba Valley Chamber are provided the opportunity to post unlimited job openings at no fee. Click HERE to post your job or contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Non-members can post a job for a nominal fee. Contact the Chamber office for assistance.
Sign up for job alerts
Click HERE to be added to our monthly email of current job postings.
This position has the knowledge and demonstrates ability to operate mixers, pumping equipment, hi-speed mixers, and tinting equipment in the production area. Chemical Blender will be able to follow process orders from beginning to end and record all pertinent information. Individual will add materials at specified quantities and times, observe temperatures and or mixtures and record necessary batch information, and take, conduct and record samples at designated times to ensure timely, consistent, quality batches.
Description of Responsibilities
- Manufacture/blend batches for liquid filling line.
- Verify quantities of materials and ingredients.
- Weigh, measure and mix liquid, solids and powders.
- Use scales, thermometers, and refractometers.
- Be proficient in math to calculate batch requirements and tolerances.
- Ensure correct procedural implementation and documentation.
- Manage material inventory.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area.
- Observe all safety, PPE, and quality procedures while completing required tasks.
- Ability to ensure and document quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.
- Communicate in an effective and positive manner.
- Able to drive sit down electric forklifts.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook for email communication.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, life or carry parts, material and product of up to 50 pounds.
- Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop and bend.
- Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
1st and 2nd shifts are available. Candidates must be able to work weekends as needed.