The Case Manager – Community Based (Community Engagement & Support) will identify the needs of youth enrolled in Resiliency, Education, and Advocacy for Community Health (REACH) and their families and connect them to community resources to meet those needs. This position will meet with youth and families on a regular basis. This position will gather youth/family information via screenings, assessments, and consultation with collateral sources. With the youth/family, the Case Manager 1 will develop goals for an Individualized Action Plan. Ratings on progress toward these goals as well as discharge planning and implementation are expected. This position will build connections between LUK and key partners, implement core components of the project, and work with children/youth to achieve their goals while adhering to LUK’s core values.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or closely related field. A minimum of 3 years of related experience preferred. Knowledge of behavioral health, violence prevention/intervention, positive youth development, and cultural responsiveness preferred. Group facilitation, strong relationship-building skills required. Excellent communication and computer skills required. Valid driver’s license and own transportation required.
This is a fulltime position located in North Central Massachusetts and will include community-based travel and implementation. Work schedule must accommodate the needs of the youth and families. Bilingual/Bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply.
Introduction to LUK, Inc.:
LUK has deep roots in Central Massachusetts. We’re driven by our values and we’re serious about our work. It’s not easy work, but it is rewarding! With Crisis as our middle name (LUK Crisis Center), we are well versed in handling all kinds of issues that may arise. LUK exists to help people thrive – the people we serve and the people who work here. We appreciate creative thinking, uniqueness, and tenacity. We encourage staff to participate in numerous opportunities to grow as an individual and a member of a team, influence others and be influenced, be your best and do your best. We provide individualized services to the people we work with and offer flexibility so that staff can meet responsibilities at work and outside of work. The community is “LUK-y” to have the skills, experience, and talent of our staff!
For more information, please visit our website & social media accounts! Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | AmazonSmile
The Case Manager – Community Based will provide strength-based services to support and build capacity of children and youth exposed to violence and their families.
- Meet with youth/families at their home, school, or other community-based location regularly
- Maintain communication with youth/families between meetings
- Complete intakes and discharges in a timely manner, to include screening and assessments as well as individual action plan development
- Identify student/family needs and connect them to community resources to meet those needs (warm hand-off preferred)
- Complete regular reviews of progress toward goals to quantify student/family functioning
- Model skills for youth/families and coach/mentor them to develop their own skills
- Actively participate in supervision and training as required
- Assist with program coordination, including marketing of program, assisting with the referral process, and maintaining relationships with project partners
- Facilitate psycho-ed groups for youth and families
- Facilitate parent educational opportunities for families
- Assist with internal reports and reports for the program funder
- Gain an understanding and commitment to LUK’s Mission, Vision, and Values and provide congruent clinical services
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or closely related field
- 3 years of experience with at-risk youth and families
- Bilingual/bicultural candidates encouraged to apply
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively on a team
- Internet access for remote work
- Reliable and safe transportation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume sharing your interest and unique qualifications for this position to:
Online: Click “Apply for Job” below, fill out the demographics, and attach your resumé and cover letter.
Mail: Director of Human Resources
545 Westminster Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Email: HR@LUK.org HR@LUK.org with the subject line “REACH Outreach Case Manager 1”
The Case Manager 1 – Community Based will work in North Central Massachusetts with access to office space in Fitchburg. Transportation required. Ability to work remotely on occasion.
Salary Range and Benefits:
Contact LUK’s Human Resources Department for information on the salary range.
For benefit-eligible positions, LUK provides an extensive and unique benefit package. For more information on LUK’s employment benefits please visit: www.LUK.org/Employment/Benefits
LUK Division: Community Engagement and Support (CES) Services
LUK Component: Intervention Services
Direct Supervisor: Assistant Director of CES
LUK Staffing Category: 6
This position is 40 hours per week
This is a salary position: ☒
This is an hourly position: ☐
This position is benefit eligible: ☒
This position is community-/home-based ☒
EOE and Diversity Commitment
LUK is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diverse workforce has talented professionals like you throughout the agency – from those with lived experience to recent college grads to seasoned professionals. We believe that the diversity of our workforce is a strength that helps us best meet the needs of the people we serve.